- NMI helps produce missionaries.
- NMI assists in sending missionaries to the field.
- NMI supports missionaries on the field.
- NMI educates individuals and congregations as to the missionaries’ work on the field.
- NMI welcomes missionaries when they return for home assignment.
- NMI helps equip missionaries to return to the field.
- NMI prays for missionaries at home and abroad.
- NMI helps provide for retirement needs.
To encourage people to pray for all efforts of world evangelization
To inform people of the world’s needs and what the church is doing to meet those needs
To challenge children and youth to learn about and participate in the mission of the church
To raise funds for missions outreach
Missions International focuses on five strategic areas where the local
church can have maximum impact on missions in the Church of the
- The first is prayer.
NMI gathers believers together for prayer in the local church, linking
us to our brothers and sisters in Christ across the globe.
- The second is the World Evangelism Fund,
which fuels the Church of the Nazarene’s mission by combining gifts
from each person and church to fund ministries everywhere.
- Through the Alabaster Offering, the third emphasis, ministries around the world receive funds to purchase property and buildings.
- The fourth is to engage children and youth through education and fostering calls to missions.
the last area of emphasis, strategically connects Nazarene missionaries
and Nazarene churches through prayer, personal contact, and generous
February — Alabaster
March — Easter Offering (World Evangelism
Fund, Faith Promise)
Prayer Emphasis — Nazarene World Week of Prayer
— Mission Education
Missionary Health Care
June — World Mission Broadcast
July — International Ministry, Bible Schools
August — Links
— Mission Priority One
November — Thanksgiving Offering (World
Evangelism Fund,Faith Promise)
Special Prayer Emphasis — International Day of Prayer
— Nazarene Compassionate Ministries